Thursday, March 26, 2009

In the Market

Not for a house (I wish), but for a new camera.

In less than two weeks, John and I (and Makenna) are going to be heading to Florida with my side of the family. We are going to be staying in this big house right on the beach.



I am super excited for the trip, but have decided that we need to upgrade our camera before we go. Our current camera still works, but doesn't take the best pictures (only 4MP). We aren't looking for anything too extravagant, but something that is small and easy to use, and most importantly, takes great pictures. If you have a camera that you love, and would recommend, I would love to hear about it. Thanks!

(I'm also looking for a few good books to take along with me...any recommendations?)

9 comments:

Cheryn said...

I love my Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Digital Elph
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=14227#ModelDetailAct
Though I would strongly recommend purchasing a case for it because it doesn't come with one. HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!

Lizi said...

I have a Canon PowerShot Elph that I love too...I don't know the exact model off the top of my head tho. And what part of Florida are you visiting? Maybe we'll see ya down there! We're leaving to drive cross county today and will get to Florida March 31st. Have fun!!

Gabriella said...

I have to agree, Cannon PowerShot is the best, I really like Mom and Dad's, you'll have to ask Dad where he got it, it's a great camera for the price he paid. I can't wait for the trip either, I still haven't worked out like I said I would, I guess I'll just have to buy a new, very forgiving, swimsuit. Let me know if you find any good books, I just finished my last one in 2 days, but I'm not going to recommend it, it was kind of weird. Jacque is always reading you should ask her.

Eric and Jessi said...

We like ours, it's a Pentax, 12MP

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-Digital-Camera-Optical-Reduction/dp/B000WJMJMQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Eric and Jessi said...

I'm so jealous you're going to the beach. I can't wait to take Eric and the girls there one day!

Janneke said...

I have a Pentax, too, which is a couple years old. It actually was from Costco and takes underwater pics/video, so you don't have to worry too much about getting it wet. Love it! Anyway, it takes great outdoor pics.

Have fun at the beach!!

Stephanie said...

Why are you taking books with you to Florida. Books are for when you go somewhere boring like North Platte. But I have enjoyed the shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. They are quite funny.

Stephanie said...

Oh yeah. Feast NOW. And then hide it so when you feel the need just to have something new you can just pull it out and say "look at my new shoes" and when john asks how much you spent you can say "nothing"

Nicole M said...

I seriously researched a TON with my point and shoot camera, and the one I ended up buying (and have convinced all my family and friends to buy too) is the Canon Powershot Digital Elph...the megapixels 5 and up are the best. Good luck!!