my second part-time job:
Aiden
He is a 2 month old little baby who lives across the hall from us. His mom went back to work in the evenings, so I will be watching Aiden on Tuesdays and Thursdays for about an hour and a half inbetween when his mom leaves for work and when his dad gets home. When Aiden's mom asked if I could watch him, I hesitated at first since I already have one part-time job. (I work from home for the company at which I worked full-time when we lived in Vancouver, WA. It has been a really great part-time job for me because the hours are flexible, I work from home, and my bosses are great. However, it does take up a lot of what would be free-time, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to have another "job".) But I thought that since it was for such a short amount of time, it would probably be fine.
So far I have only watched Aiden 3 times; 2 of which went really well. The first day I watched him, Makenna and Aiden both took naps, and I was able able to make dinner and clean up while they slept. I thought, "this is gonna be a piece of cake, I can handle 2 kids"! Of course the next time I watched him was not so easy. Both Makenna and Aiden cried off and on for the first half hour while I struggled to get Makenna down for a nap while tending to Aiden. Luckily, this past Thursday when I watched him, it was really fun. Makenna was so excited to see Aiden, and just wanted to touch him and give him kisses. I kept him in his car seat (for his protection), and just tried to keep Makenna from crawling in with him.
It amazes me how big Makenna is getting. She is almost 10 months old now, and has changed so much in the last month or two. She is now crawling all over the place, standing up by herself, "walking" the furniture, poining at things to communicate what she wants, and is even initiating "come and get me" games with us (which is so cute). I am really enjoying this stage, although she does get into EVERYTHING! Here are a couple of her favorites:
the dishwasher


and the old VHS tapes 


13 comments:
Haha! She is so funny! Once she really starts walking, she'll be getting into even more :)
Way to take on a second job! At least it's only for an hour and 1/2, that's not too bad. Makenna does look so much older in those pictures, I'm sure she'll be walking soon. I'm glad that she loves Aiden, Kate has no interest in little babies. She prefers animals...what are we gonna do with her? Your are such a great hard working mom, I'm very impressed with everything you do!
As times goes on I bet they both will be really excited every time you babysit. Penelope woke up every morning this week asking for her best friend Ryan, it's really fun.
Busy busy Amber! I'm sure it is so nice to be able to do it all from home. Makenna is such a mover! How crazy, but how exciting! ( I am preparing myself for the mobility stage--Yikes!)
Hey Elder Pawlowski, its jimmy evans how are ya, listen check out my blog for my family jimmyandmel@blogspot.com
she is quite the busy, but helpful little 10 monther. i did babysitting for about a year. and it is hard to think whether or not you want to dedicate your free time to someone elses kid. but, it sounds like its a pretty short time and the three of you will get into a routine that hopefully you wont mind having him over!
Amber, I thing Mckenna is ready for a brother or sister . . .what do you think?
Wow....that is quite the job! You seriously have the cutest little girl! It's fun to see all of her pictures. You will have to give me parenting tips:)
Big Papi P - I stumbled across your blog and thought I would say "bueno?"! It's fun to see all the pics of your wee-one! Congrats!
My wife was mega-envious you guys went to Multnomah Falls. It's one of her favorite places.
Glad everything's going well!
Thor
Hi Amber! It was so fun to check out your blog, you've made it so cute. I'm glad the Aiden gig is working out for you...and we're sad we're not around to watch Makenna anymore :( We're finally settled here in Cedar and ready for visitors, hint hint!
Hey Amber! Makenna is so cute! I heard that you guys were prego when I was pregnant with Lily. What are you guys doing in NE?
Post a Comment