What more could you want from a trip to the lake?? Makenna got to experience all of these things for the first time this past weekend. We went to my parent's house to celebrate my brother Morgan's 17th Birthday, and Makenna had so much fun playing with her cousins.
First, she played in the baby pool, which I thought would be cleaner than the lake. Well, that may have been the case, but then Ben brought his dead pet fish in, which he had been carrying around the whole evening.
Here is Ben with his fish in hand! Eventually we separated Ben from his beloved fish, but not until after lots of tears and protests.
Here is Ben with his fish in hand! Eventually we separated Ben from his beloved fish, but not until after lots of tears and protests.
After playing in the pool, Makenna enjoyed some corn on the cob with her cousins. She absolutely LOVED it!

The sand came into play when I left Makenna with her Grandma so that I could go in the boat for a little while. As we pulled away from the beach, I could see Makenna sitting on the beach with a big handful of sand to her mouth. When I came back, she was covered in sand, and it was all over her face and mouth. I should've taken a picture, but I was too busy giving Makenna a bath in the sink!
Happy Birthday Morgan!
4 comments:
Amber, I am so glad that we found each other after 4 years. I am so happy that you and your family are doing so well. You have a beautiful daughter. My niece Amelia and her family live in San Diego, and not a beach trip goes by that she doesn't end up with sand all over the place. It's good for the skin, and probably good for the digestive system.
You crack me up Amber! Just wait till all she wants to do is play with the toilet. I can't believe Morgan is that old, seriously where does time go? I also think Makenna is looking more like you these days, she's a doll!
Happy Anniversary this month! I LOVE your blog so cute and funny ;) I need to figure out how to use mine so I can add you as a friend and stuff. I want to see your updates when you post...I'm sure I'll figure it out in my "free time". LOVE YA and I miss you too!
Didn't Brad carry around a dead fish at Louis Lake when he was little too? That's fun you're back in Omaha.
Post a Comment