Friday, June 13, 2008
Tornados Round Two
Well, my hoping that we wouldn't have any more tornado warnings for awhile was dashed to pieces on Wednesday night. John was out of town, so when the sirens sounded at 6:30pm, I was on my own. Makenna and I headed for the shelter (workout room) and this time were there for over 2 hours. The system that passed dropped 7 tornados! It was probably the worst storm that I have ever been in, and I grew up here! The closest tornado to us was about 10 miles away. Sadly, one of the tornados hit a Boy Scout camp about an hour north of Omaha, and 4 boys were killed. Watching the coverage of this particular tornado on the news has been really sad, but it has also been neat to hear the stories of the survivors, and how the boys took care of each other. It has also made me so grateful that my family has been kept safe, and we are keeping the families who have lost loved ones in our prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How about you guys move to Utah, we don't have tornadoes here... I hope. Seriously that is so scary, I was also sad when I heard about those boy scouts. I'm glad you were safe though, hopefully the worst is over with.
Post a Comment