Friday, May 2, 2008

Our Wisconsin Trip

Last weekend, we took Makenna on her first road trip. John's Grandma Steeno passed away, and so we drove to Wisconsin for her funeral. It was about a 9 hour drive, and besides a major diaper blow out 10 minutes into our trip, Makenna did great. We first stopped in Steven's Point, WI to visit John's Grandma Pawlowski on the farm. It was the first time that Makenna met her Great-grandma.
Makenna and her Great-grandma Pawlowski


The next day, we headed to Fond Du Lac, WI to meet up with the rest of the family. It was so nice to be able to meet most of John's extended family that I had never met. They were all so wonderful, and it was great to be able to spend some time with them.


We are so glad that we were able to attend the funeral services for John's Grandma. I am also so grateful that we made a trip to Wisconsin last March so that I could meet her.

Makenna and her Grandma CeCe and Great-aunt Kathy


On the way home from Wisconsin, we decided to drive through Chicago and stop at the Shedd Aquarium. We were surprised how much Makenna enjoyed the aquarium. She LOVED looking at all of the colorful fish, and got so excited. It was fun just to watch her. Overall it was a really great trip, and we are so glad that we went, and that Makenna was such an angel for us!





1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm so happy that your trip went well. Your lucky to have such an angel for a baby! Makenna looks adorable in those pictures.

P.S. I have to say I love your jacket and purse, your so stylish!